Show off your rarest/most unique US flags

LE LOUP DES MERS

Manchu Warrior

I was at an estate auction years ago of the late US Navy Adm.Thomas Moore. There was an item there that reminded me of what you have. It wasn't a flag or patch what it was was some type of small map. The map was on the the Apollo 8 mission that was the first to orbit the moon back in 1968. it was given to Adm. Moore by one of the crew members on the mission. For what ever reason, possibly because I'm an idiot, I didn't pay much attention when it sold.  It really didn't sell for that much and not long after the sale the map popped up on ebay. Were it sold for somewhere well north of $2500.00. Of course since that time I have kept my eye open for Apollo items and I have found absolutely nothing. By the way that is a really nice item.  

44 minutes ago, Manchu Warrior said:

I was at an estate auction years ago of the late US Navy Adm.Thomas Moore. There was an item there that reminded me of what you have. It wasn't a flag or patch what it was was some type of small map. The map was on the the Apollo 8 mission that was the first to orbit the moon back in 1968. it was given to Adm. Moore by one of the crew members on the mission. For what ever reason, possibly because I'm an idiot, I didn't pay much attention when it sold.  It really didn't sell for that much and not long after the sale the map popped up on ebay. Were it sold for somewhere well north of $2500.00. Of course since that time I have kept my eye open for Apollo items and I have found absolutely nothing. By the way that is a really nice item.  

That would have been a nice pick up.

Always looking for Mercury, Gemini, Apollo items.

11 hours ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

That's cool, was that actually brought to the moon?

Yes....to the moon but not on the moon.

12 hours ago, LE LOUP DES MERS said:

5 hours ago, Manchu Warrior said:

That would have been a nice pick up.

Always looking for Mercury, Gemini, Apollo items.

dhcoleterracina

It may not look special but it's a one of a kind flag. Made in Spain, it has 51 stars. It looks 20-30 years old in hand. I have no idea why they did this but it's well made and designed in a 9-8-9-8-9-8 pattern. If we add a new state to the union, this will likely be what it will look like.  It's not military unless it's from the future. 

IMG_1492.JPG

LE LOUP DES MERS

I could be wrong but what I read online if you go to Puerto Rico they do actually sell 51 star flags and they get these flags from Spain so I'm pretty sure that's what you have. However, do be careful that post might break form rules sense it's made in Spain and it's technically not a us flag but based on one.