Just a thought regarding reenacting clothing?

Vanderbilt

.....had an interesting conversation with a buddy of mine yesterday at our local cowboy shoot. He does WW1 reenactment. A few of our group also participate in the Grand Army of the Frontier shoots. We dress in uniforms as well as carry the gear and shoot the cartridge weapons from the late 1860's thru 1916.  We got into the subject of uniforms and accoutrements of not only our interests but WW2 as well. With a lot of this gear coming from India and Pakistan. Considering our current political situation. We may see those sources drying up? 

Hello just getting into reenactments and GO impression d do you have any good units to check out?

6 hours ago, SpenceBOB33 said:

Hello just getting into reenactments and GO impression d do you have any good units to check out?

.....honestly, I don't know what direction to point you. I am part of an 1812 group and have ties to the French & Indian War through our BP club. I haven't done much lately other than live shoots. A cousin of mine, Bill Sheets is heavily involved in WW2. Covid has done a number on the hobby,  not sure it is done yet. The events that rely on a national presence will feel this more than locals. If WW2 is your interest, Rockford, Illinois is right in your neighborhood. It's one of the biggest events in that wing of the hobby. A current interest of mine are Grand Army of the Frontier 1866-1902(with 1916 EEM adjuncts) shoots. There's a group of guys in northern Ill/southern Wisc trying to get something together. Sorry, I can't help more.

Thank you for the input and idea I am sort of lost right now with the whole covid thing but I will check out Rockford thank you 

32 minutes ago, SpenceBOB33 said:

Thank you for the input and idea I am sort of lost right now with the whole covid thing but I will check out Rockford thank you 

.....let me check with my cousin. We will both be at Mississenewa 1812 in October. I have no doubt he will have some contacts up there. Yes, covid has played havoc with everything. Neither my wife (who has some health issues) or myself are excited about being around large groups of people right now.