Army DUI ID´d - 105th Medical Battalion

Basic Rifleman

Basic Rifleman

The only Unit Insignia I could find for the period that used only a cactus and fleur-de-lis was the 265th Coast Artillery. The problem is, I wasn't able to find a 265th DI that matched with this one. Any and all help is most appreciated. There's no makers mark and it's a pin-back... 

Semper Fi,

Tom

unknown DI.jpg

Referring to my ASMIC DUI charge list it is 230th Medical Battalion - "On a maroon or red shield a green cactus charged with a silver fleur-de-lis"

The charge list is partially correct. 

According to the JM 75 Trading Post, the sample approval (shield only) was approved for the 105th Med Regt 23 Mar 27. It was redesignated 105th Med Bn 7 Oct 42 assigned 30th ID. Redesignated 230th Armored Med Bn 20 Jun 55, and final redesignation 230th Med Bn  20 Dec 65. 

W/ the cross hatched background and the PB, suggest this is for the WW II105th Med Bn, and supported by Capistrano DI of US Army (1939-1946)  Vol IV: MP, Med, QM, Trng and Other Units,  

Basic Rifleman

Thank you both for taking the time to reply to my query with such specificity. No telling how long that would have taken me to figure out on my own. The small lot this DI came in included a 120th IR DI, as well as an early snowflake-back Medical Corps Insignia, as well as a few other army items that were all in keeping with early WWII manufacture. 

I greatly appreciate the replies...