Practice Grenade Fuse Question

cerick1450

Hello

I have what I believe is a WW2 Practice grenade body.  It came with a fuse that had a handle marked M10A3.  The fuse body appears to be a later type.  I tried a WW2 fuse body into the grenade body and it fits fine.   The grenade body is marked C 4.   Later Fuse bodies will not tread into it.    So my question is, were there later type of fuse bodies threaded to fit into WW2 grenade Bodies?  Here are a few pictures.

Thank you in advance for the help..

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

Kaptainssurplus

You have a M21 practice grenade, the M10 fuze you have is correct for it. The other fuze you have is a modern M201 fuze for smoke/chemical grenades, it has different thread pattern which is larger and will not fit the older grenades. But there are modern fuzes that use the smaller thread pattern, like the M204/205 but would be incorrect for any WW2 grenades as they were used on modern HE grenades, like the M26 series of grenades. 

So were the early M201 fuze's (M205 fuze) made to thread into the WW2 M21 grenade body.  The fuze body has not been rethreaded and still has the fiber washer on it?  I always thought they were made with the different thread???

I am confused??

Thank you for the help..

The M205 fuze was developed in 1945 so this could be a variant of that since it was made for training grenades. What’s throwing me is the lack of bell at the bottom of the buchon but I’m not familiar with early m205 fuzes. The early 200 series fuzes were sized to fit wwii grenade threads. The 2nd picture you show is an early cut back type fuze, note the approx 45 angle where it goes towards the spoon. Collectors are always looking for those. Not much info but hopefully it will get you started. Just google m205 or m204 fuze and you will get lots of hits and information. 

9 hours ago, cerick1450 said:

H s a btt ct f th fuse that came with this grenade body.  It still has the black fiber washer..

IMG_0650.jpg34.jpg

That is a post WW2 M201 Series Fuze for chemical agent and smoke grenades. It has 9/16”-12 threads. The M6, M10, M204 and M205 Series Fuzes also had 9/16”-12 threads.