M1916 Holster ?

Maza

Hello, 

As I made my collection inventory, I have 'found' this M1916 leather Holster I bought with other stuff in an auction.  I'm not sure it's not a repro or a Fake : The lake of 'belt holes' (sorry i don't know the true word for them.  Well, let the pictures talk and I wait your comments.  Thanks for all. 

Holster_1.jpg

Holster_2.jpg

Pics aren't the best, but I get the impression that it might be original, albeit with the back piece having missed the operation to click out the belt slots on a clicker press. 

Can you post a closeup of the rivets, the markings and maybe a shot of the inside? 

1 hour ago, M1Garandy said:

Pics aren't the best, but I get the impression that it might be original, albeit with the back piece having missed the operation to click out the belt slots on a clicker press. 

Can you post a closeup of the rivets, the markings and maybe a shot of the inside? 

Thanks you for you're first impression. I cannot have pictures now, but As soon I have the picts i send them.

When you get the holster get that sticker OFF.. The glues will discolor the leather. If you need to inventory it use a marking tag with string.

Charlie Flick

Maza:

I cannot be certain without seeing better pictures of the holster, but my impression is that this holster is a reproduction and not a genuine USGI M1916 holster.  There are a number of anomalies observed here:

1.  The hanger piece has no belt slots.  That defect alone would not allow it to pass inspection at the Boyt factory.

2.  The drag piece at the bottom is smaller than normal and misshapen.

3.  There is no stitched reinforcement piece at the mouth of the holster body where the two halves of the main body are brought together.

4.  The Boyt -44- markings do not appear to me to be of the same font and style as the originals.  See the image below of a Boyt -44- and compare the markings.

Boyt 44 M1916 markings ed.jpg