Will this fit into a M1 steel pot?

DylanTheGuy

This an Malaysian police helemt form a long time ago. It looks like a late M1 inner helmet.

(note I got images somewhere on the internet)

I would like to go the flee market get one of these and a steel pot. 

topi_polis_antik_era_70an_1552426314_648fb968_progressive.jpg

topi_polis_antik_era_70an_1552426315_13fff68f_progressive.jpg

topi_polis_antik_era_70an_1552426315_39df7f59_progressive.jpg

topi_polis_antik_era_70an_1552426315_317b210b_progressive.jpg

topi_polis_antik_era_70an_1552426315_515c9514_progressive.jpg

CavalryCombatant
6 hours ago, DylanTheGuy said:

It looks US made?

It most certainly is not American made, The P64 pattern webbing with a chinstrap lug is a major giveaway.

It might fit in a GI M1, but it probably wasn’t intended for one.  

Might try ask as there experts on M1 Helmets here. I also have pictures of black one with strap markings and a leather chin strap.

12 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

It most certainly is not American made, The P64 pattern webbing with a chinstrap lug is a major giveaway.

It might fit in a GI M1, but it probably wasn’t intended for one.  

What country was it produced in or surplus form?

CavalryCombatant
1 minute ago, DylanTheGuy said:

What country was it produced in or surplus form?

I’m sure there’s information about it out there, but here is not the place.

As dean said if you want more information you should post in on the world forum, you’re 100 times more likely to find somebody who is familiar with the liner.  

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/

We allow for questions concerning US clones and even have a pinned thread in the helmet section here. 

If you guys have the answer for him, he is better off getting it here from you than from the German and Japanese collectors.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:59 PM, CavalryCombatant said:

I’m sure there’s information about it out there, but here is not the place.

As dean said if you want more information you should post in on the world forum, you’re 100 times more likely to find somebody who is familiar with the liner.  

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/forums/

Ummmmm, likely not. I know it is our sister forum and I was part of the team who put it together, HOWEVER, I can assure you that there are not many M-1 Clone collectors over there... or anywhere else for that matter. They are simply not popular with collectors. And, as I said above, we do allow for folks to ask their questions about clones here. We don't promote a lengthy discussion but we can at least answer their basic questions.

On face book there are various pages dedicated to helmets where the M1 clones thrive and a lot of information is exchanged. May want to try posting there.

Yes this might fit into an M1 steel pot, some Euro clone liners are wider than standard US made liners I believe but I think it might just fit. 

My advice would be to get a correct US made liner to go into your US helmet, that way you will have no fitting problems. 
Yes they cost more but you will have a correct set up with all US made components

- Dean