Glider finds at a local show

Tesla

Hello All,

I found the following items at a local show this morning.   The first is a tunic and trousers with the veteran's name written inside each with a laundry number.  The troop carrier patch is about 50% loose where the threads have broken.  Can anyone recommend the correct way for me to reattach or should I just leave as is?  The pinback aircrew wing is the large Sterling Gemsco pattern.  

The glider badge is a Sendai and not related to the uniform.  The 1946 date is there but heavily worn and the badge shows alot of brass in that area.  The seller had some amazing wings and had at least 100+ to choose from...There was an amazing 3" Lux Bombardier and several Assman ratings.  Definately some wings to try and attain in the future.  

Wish you all are well and good hunting!

20210821_153459.jpg

20210821_153447.jpg

20210821_153219.jpg

20210821_153147.jpg

20210821_152320.jpg

His name was Harry Earl Reading, born 1915 and enlisted Nov 23, 1942 in Harrisburg PA. He was single when he enlisted, was a salesman and had one year of college from his enlistment records.  I was able to find him by the laundry number as he only had Earl Reading written in the uniform.  I'm stalled there at the moment but look forward to getting his service records when I get a chance to research further.