Paramarine trousers made from shelter half material

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

Hello Camo collectors, 

I need some help. I recently purchased a pair of camouflage 2nd pattern USMC Paramarine pants. They are made of shelter half material. They are very well made. These are supposed to have come out of the late Jeff Warner’s estate. They are also supposed to have been in one of Harlan Glenn’s books. They were described as being HBT material. They are in fact shelter half material. I found some stenciled numbers and letters inside. Some have been sewn over so they were there before they were turned into pants. Has anyone seen these before ? Thanks for any information y’all can give. 

B6E12D7E-2EBB-4A28-A0CF-5E535200DFE7.png

1410958C-AF77-4929-903E-4DF15432AC11.png

• 2 weeks later...

FRAY-83 stenciled inside was the shipping code for Hawaii. Some time a go, on the forum, there was short convo when another shelter half turned up with the same markings. I do know the FRAY-83 is Hawaii.

• 1 year later...
punched primer

I've seen a few of these, I believe made up personally.  Sheltar half was obtainable,original frogskin is not. Jeff Warner had a set too. Yours look older than the examples I saw. Stitching on the ones I saw looked like modern type found on ww2 impression or smw.  I could not imagine wearing something like that in hot whether! Still a nice piece..originals are extinct