Joseph A Marchlewski - 82nd Airborne Group

USMCR1942

USMCR1942

A small grouping named to a combat medic, Joseph Marchlewski, attached to the 505th PIR. He made 3 combat jumps with the 505th in Sicily, Italy and finally Normandy, where he was wounded badly in the leg by a sniper. 

Its been incredibly hard to research due to the fact that I've found multiple spelling mistakes of his last name. I believe he was in the 307th Medical Company and was attached to the 505th PIR during this time, however im struggling to confirm this.

Sam

20210818_192528.jpg

20210818_192500.jpg

20210818_192534.jpg

4STARCHRIS

Very nice. I like the parachute card as well. Can we see a better pic?

4starchris

USMCR1942
1 hour ago, 4STARCHRIS said:

Very nice. I like the parachute card as well. Can we see a better pic?

4starchris

Thank you, sure you can

20210818_214926.jpg

20210818_214932.jpg

CavalryCombatant

Wow, I’m a HUGE fan of this group.  I love how you displayed it!  Do you know if the knife was etched during or after the war?   

I love that you were able to find a picture of the soldier, really ties it all together.

Edit: I can’t help but wonder, did you 3D print that medal stand?  If you did that’s a really good idea!

eaglerunner88

Awesome grouping! Have you considered putting together a shadow box for everything, maybe minus the knife?

USMCR1942
24 minutes ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Wow, I’m a HUGE fan of this group.  I love how you displayed it!  Do you know if the knife was etched during or after the war?   

I love that you were able to find a picture of the soldier, really ties it all together.

Edit: I can’t help but wonder, did you 3D print that medal stand?  If you did that’s a really good idea!

Thank you, i couldnt believe it when i managed to get it. I believe that the bigger picture is him when he enlisted, the pictures look different but im 99% sure its the same guy, it all came together.

The stand is 3D printed, i know a guy in the UK who does an etsy shop printing display stands and has a lot of different types. I thought that it would make a good medal stand and i was right.

USMCR1942
26 minutes ago, eaglerunner88 said:

Awesome grouping! Have you considered putting together a shadow box for everything, maybe minus the knife?

Thanks, i haven't no, I'm looking to move house soon so that might be an option when i re do displays