I like my figures dirty

CandaceStonestreet86

CandaceStonestreet86

I've had this 21st century toys figure for years and it sat on my shelve above my desk, I noticed how clean it looked and wonder how to make it look more realistic, so I took him outside and dragged him in the mud....sort of...... mainly just some natural color paints to make it look like battlefield grime

Clean Tanker vs Dirty Tanker:20190516_120649.jpg.b9ec224bea8f6a4389a871ff050dbd78.jpg20210815_103120.jpg.ee06fe049b184b1649633e1953706b20.jpg

That's just not realistic. How could a tank crewman possibly get dirty? 

Nice work. He looks much better looking worse. 

Mikie

Ok you've had your fun - now wash those cloths.  Kidding - I agree, much better looking now. It's like watching some of the old war movies. As much as I like "To Hell and Back", everybody looks like they spent the day before at the laundromat. 

Having been a tank platoon leader in South Korea, I assure you the dirty depiction is very accurate! It's amazing where dirt, oil, grease and general crud can get into on a Abrams tank. Very well done on your weathering!

24 minutes ago, Major Z said:

Having been a tank platoon leader in South Korea, I assure you the dirty depiction is very accurate! It's amazing where dirt, oil, grease and general crud can get into on a Abrams tank. Very well done on your weathering!

Don't forget all the crap that gets on you at the wash rack!

16 minutes ago, BEAST said:

Don't forget all the crap that gets on you at the wash rack!

I almost mentioned that previously. You are absolutely correct! My company commander yelled at me once for not getting behind the return rollers. After that I remembered to, "wash behind the ears," so-to-speak.

• 3 weeks later...