New Guy From Canada

Ian B

Good day all.  Joined to have a source of info on US badges.

Served in the Canadian Army for 27 years, Infantry.  Retired 2005.

Been collecting since 1970.  Collect mainly Canadian Infantry hat badges and Army formation patches.  Also, Canadian and World Airborne para qualifications (hence, joining to have an extra source of info on US para quals)(and possibly seeing if some items for my collection are for sale).

As I mentioned in the sign up page, living the dream, every day an adventure, every meal a feast!

Stay safe, have fun.

Ian B

Hey Ian, I purchased a Canadian uniform yesterday at a flea market.  50s uni but of a WW2 vet.  If you have any expertise / knowledge, would love for you to look at it

Salvage Sailor
18 hours ago, Ian B said:

Good day all.  Joined to have a source of info on US badges.

Served in the Canadian Army for 27 years, Infantry.  Retired 2005.

Been collecting since 1970.  Collect mainly Canadian Infantry hat badges and Army formation patches.  Also, Canadian and World Airborne para qualifications (hence, joining to have an extra source of info on US para quals)(and possibly seeing if some items for my collection are for sale).

As I mentioned in the sign up page, living the dream, every day an adventure, every meal a feast!

Stay safe, have fun.

Ian B

Aloha Ian and welcome to our forum,

We have several Canadiens amongst our international membership.  Also, please do visit our sister forum, the WMF (World Militaria Forum)  We have a section there where you may share your knowledge on Canadian uniform items etc. with the membership.

Thanks for the words of welcome gents.  I can try to help with questions on Canadian badges, however, I'm no expert on uniforms per se.  Gave up uniform collecting 40 years ago.  I'll give it my best shot though, so fire away.

Also, I'll be posting my US airborne quals in the wings section, so feel free to check them out and give me your comments.  Thanks.

Regards,

ian