My fathers ribbons

Vanderbilt

I Hate Moths

I would like to hear more about your Dad's service, and the bronze star.  Do you have a photo of him?

Tom

22 minutes ago, I Hate Moths said:

Didn't see the forest thru the trees. Could you post a better photo of him?

Thanks

Tom

...posted this in another thread. This is a larger photo. I'm fuzzy on his service record. He never talked much. I am not even sure what unit he served with. He once mentioned that the unit had been all but wiped out. He also said he was one of the lucky ones in that his unit didn't get picked for the initial D-Day  landings. I know he was wounded badly enough he was sent home and he was owed a pension. Opted to turn it down.

0812211324~2.jpg

There is a lot of U.S. Air Force Collar Discs there, to include WWII Air Corps and what are called Transitional Insignia (That's the Gold Voided Wing and Prop and U.S.discs), plus a U.S. Air Force Service Cap badge,

• ....he was in the Air Force Reserve after WW2 also. I do know he was activated and spent time in Georgia during the Korean conflict. He had mentioned training air crews on C- 47's. Like I said, he just never talked much about his service. I remember a duffel bag that was hung down in the basement when I was real little. It probably got hauled to one of our dumps. This was just what he kept.