Helmet unit identification

phil b

I bought this helmet at a estate sale. It has this unit on both sides and I need some help identifying it. The Helmet is a rear seam . Its a ww2 helmet it has a heat stamp in it of 610d. Any info on the unit will be of great help...thanks 

20210808_145906.jpg

20210808_123654.jpg

I bought it at the same sale. Its a special forces jacket with master jump wings .second class combat infantry badge. It has a south vietnam special forces patch on the pocket and.over the right pocket it has south vietnam jump wings 

2 minutes ago, phil b said:

thanks.....but do you know what the making on the helmet is?

I see that you ready stated the LLDB patch in your initial post lol. Sorry. 

Do the helmet and jacket have any relationship? If i remember correctly, around heat stamp 1000 or so is when the rear seam came into being. Well at least for McCords. 

Shot in the dark but it could be a marking for an SF unit seeing as the items are coming out of the same estate sale. SF units then and now have a variety of non-standard insignia that differs from ODA to ODA though that doesn't really look like a team insignia. Not sure how much that helps. 

3 minutes ago, sgtdorango said:

I have the same type helmet, i believe its 82nd AB from the 1950s era will check my notes i think its 505th...great helmet...mike

thank you