Pre WW1 Enlisted Cavalry/Mounted Artillery Grouping

Hello.

Here is my early 1900s Enlisted Cavalry/Mounted Artillery Grouping. It includes

A saber belt rig with a Model 1903 spring loaded detachable saber attachment, a Model 1892 38 Colt DA holster (cir 1901 or 1902) with lanyard, and a Model 1896 Colt 38 DA cartridge box. The belt is marked RIA (Rock Island arsenal), dated 1904, and has two sets of inspector initials JNS and WHS

I think the model 1892 holster is a rare 1902 fourth type production. I believe it is one of the fair leather versions. It does not look russet. Holster may be from last year of production of the “fair leather” holsters, identified by the “ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL” stamp still being applied to the holster flap.  The use of fair leather, the arsenal stamp on the flap, and the presence of the tie down ring on the toe plug, may identify this holster as one of those now rare examples produced in 1902. Has arsenal inspector’s initials TC on the flap and the maker initials CS on the flap. In 1903, model 1892 holsters were made of russet leather and the arsenal stamp/date was moved to the back of the holster belt loop. Before 1900, the model 1892 holsters were black bridle leather. I'm open to other opinions.

The small saber attachment strap is marked RIA with HEK inspector initials and a 1903 date.

The model 1896 38 DA cartridge box is marked Rock Island arsenal, with TC and WCD inspector initials an a 1903 date.

A Model 1894 38 colt DA (cir 1900) and a box of UMC 38 long colt cartridges (cir1890s ?),

A private purchase campaign hat that has a civil war enlisted man's hat cord and model 1872 artillery hat insignia, I bought this hat as an original. Any thoughts? I included pictures in my IW artillery group post.

Private purchase leather gauntlets. I bought these as original gauntlets. Again asking for suggestions on how to determine if they are original. I have additional pictures in my IW posts

Original telescope. Again not sure of the date of manufacture. Any idea? I think they late 1800s. 

Garrison belt Grouping.jpg

garrison belt.jpg

Russet holster.jpg

russet holster 2.jpg

model 1896 cartridge box.jpg

1903 saber attachment.jpg

.....very nice display. These are two rigs I have made up for GAF and CAS shoots. The only original piece is the attachment for the US buckle on the leather belt. The person that I received the US brass buckle claimed it to be original but it's not. I purchased it reasonable enough it didn't bother me. Hope this doesn't break any rules.....

IMG_20210506_120745.jpg