Hello from Caen, Normandy

Floyd14

Hello everyone, I am French, Norman, and particularly interested in ww2. A few years ago, with my ex-wife, we invited Floyd, a veteran parachutist who landed in Provence to spend a stay with us, he wanted to see more closely where and how his compatriots had fallen. I would probably complete this story later and in his memory I use his name as a nickname.
I do not speak your language well but thank god the online translators save me!
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum!

3 hours ago, Floyd14 said:

Hello everyone, I am French, Norman, and particularly interested in ww2. A few years ago, with my ex-wife, we invited Floyd, a veteran parachutist who landed in Provence to spend a stay with us, he wanted to see more closely where and how his compatriots had fallen. I would probably complete this story later and in his memory I use his name as a nickname.
I do not speak your language well but thank god the online translators save me!
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum!

Very nice Floyd and welcome. Sounds like a nice story about the Vet Paratroop. Looks forward to hearing more about it. 
Zach 

Backtheattack

Hello and welcome to the forum! Saving a veterans story is always interesting, especially in a time only a few ww2 veterans are still alive.

Bonjour Floyd,

Ou habitez-vous en Normandie?  Mes trois oncles etait sur la plage d'Omaha pendant le debarquement avec 29eme Division. 110eme artillerie.  Mon ami Patrick Ellie:  www.6juin1944.com est avec "Les Fleurs de la Memoir" aussi.  

Bienvenue!

Tim

www.ww2dday.com

manayunkman

Salut Floyd,

Avez vous un intéressé ou information sur L’Abbey Ardenne ?

Merci et bienvenue 

Peter

18 hours ago, Mapman said:

Bonjour Floyd,

Ou habitez-vous en Normandie?  Mes trois oncles étaient sur la plage d'Omaha pendant le débarquement avec 29eme Division. 110eme artillerie.  Mon ami Patrick Ellie:  www.6juin1944.com est avec "Les Fleurs de la Mémoire" aussi...

Hello, I live around Caen about 37 miles from Omaha beach and we had deposited a few bouquets at the time on the initiative of the Fleurs de la Mémoire

17 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Salut Floyd,

Avez vous un intéressé ou information sur L’Abbey Ardenne ?

Merci et bienvenue

Peter

Hello, I did hear about the fighting in Villons-les-Buissons and the Canadian losses ...

Thank you for your welcome, I am limited by 3 daily posts I have not read for how long, I will start a little story on the arrival of Floyd among us
See you soon

Do you know my friend "Patrick Elie" at www.6juin1944.com  ?  He also works at Merville Batterie.  I have seen the tomb of Guillame Le Conqueror at Abbey des Hommes, et Matilda a Abbey des Dames.  

Regardez moi tour a la pont de La Fiere:   www.ww2dday.com  . See 65eme photos:  sous la page.

tim

Hello, I know 6juin1944 and 2dday but not Patrick Elie personally, yes the 2 abbeys are magnificent!
Here is one of my 2009 photos of a reenactor sitting on the Merville cannon

103598489.jpg