Navy M1 Helmet with Hawley liner

spagg

There's a whole thread on here (pinned in this section I believe) that talks about the different color/insignia on Mavy helmets. Its like 11 pages + long. Thr Navy helmets are limitless in their possibilities or so it would seem. 

Many of these markings mean something to the boat they were on (Gunners position a gunners position for example) and their meanings are lost to time friend. I saw this one for sale to.  Its all speculation what this would mean unless you knew the Vet who wore it unfortunately

Z

2 hours ago, Paddyd00 said:

Many of these markings mean something to the boat they were on (Gunners position a gunners position for example) and their meanings are lost to time friend. I saw this one for sale to.  Its all speculation what this would mean unless you knew the Vet who wore it unfortunately

Z

I agree, but just something different to add to my collection. 2nd edition Hawley liner with a FB Navy pot. I like it!

11 minutes ago, spagg said:

I agree, but just something different to add to my collection. 2nd edition Hawley liner with a FB Navy pot. I like it!

Its a good one indeed Duder.  I have many USNs that I have no idea what they mean ... only speculation but that doesnt detract from how killer they are .... Like this example here :)

Z