Surprise Find - A5 Signal/Flare Pouch

Ronnie

You younger guys are in for a big treat. Not today but down the road a ways. I have been in my war room for the past two nights looking for one item. I have not found it. But I have found some things I had totally forgotten that I had. For instance tonight I found this flare pouch full of flares. A really cool pouch. I had completely forgotten about this piece. I remember buying the pouch many years ago.....empty. I wasn’t even sure what went in it. Thankfully some older guys explained to me what it was and I started hunting for flares to fill it up. I remember it took several years to pick up all the flares. I picked up most of them at the SOS thru the years and at some point I completed the package. Stored it away and as they say, out of sight, out of mind. That had to be at least ten years or more ago. Anyway dug it out tonight and am please to have found it again. Here are a few shots of the pouch and flares.

Thanks.

Ronnie

EB31CECE-939D-4F82-9059-331FEEC88EDE.jpeg

DD57476B-35CD-4E5D-8634-8F2FD39E73C5.jpeg

8F797E01-FB77-404C-9E9E-B2EA767FD327.jpeg

8FC7E155-6E2C-495A-B017-18130BB0566B.jpeg

It is like acquiring something again for the first time when you come across something that you forgot you owned. Except you don't have to pay for it this time...

manayunkman

Very cool item.

I can’t remember if I ever forgot that I owned something.

I do remember things that I don’t know where they are.

Great rediscovery. The A-5 container was intended for fighter aircraft or aircraft 3 persons or less. It is the most common type of that series probably due to their actual lack of issuance. The correct way of packing would be to flip your cartridges around, the colored plugs were meant to be seen upon opening for spot-check identification of the color coding of the signal itself. 

• 3 months later...