Identification SK1c

Morrosch

Hi, folks!

I got this uniform today, it has the name Eugene Savickey written on its labels. Can anyone help me to find out more about this guy?

All I found out is this:

Eugene Savickey was born on May 4, 1919. He died on June 9, 1991 at 72 years old. We know that Eugene Savickey had been residing in Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts 01902.

Thanks for your support!!

Stephan

CFCE9E07-D32D-4D74-8235-4B489477D0A5.jpeg

155F0FB1-447D-4E8F-BAF0-1912ED136088.jpeg

2B855DBB-0D8E-404B-B5A8-A6B11C467179.jpeg

Salvage Sailor

He served on the USS DOROTHEA L. DIX (AP-67) from 1942 to1945 in the ETO as a SK3c/SK2c and the USS CLAIBORNE (AK-171) in 1945 as an SK1c

6 hours ago, Salvage Sailor said:

He served on the USS DOROTHEA L. DIX (AP-67) from 1942 to1945 in the ETO as a SK3c/SK2c and the USS CLAIBORNE (AK-171) in 1945 as an SK1c

USS Dorothea L. Fix was involved in Operation Torch, Sicily, Anzio, Normandy and the invasion of Southern France, landing Troops. Then went to the Pacific in time for Okinawa. She saw a lot of combat. Your Sailor was aboard for pretty much all of it. Supply department on board Amphibs, handle cargo, loading boats and unloading casualties from the boats. They also provide gun crews and stretcher bearers. 

2 minutes ago, sigsaye said:

USS Dorothea L. Fix was involved in Operation Torch, Sicily, Anzio, Normandy and the invasion of Southern France, landing Troops. Then went to the Pacific in time for Okinawa. She saw a lot of combat. Your Sailor was aboard for pretty much all of it. Supply department on board Amphibs, handle cargo, loading boats and unloading casualties from the boats. They also provide gun crews and stretcher bearers. 

USS Claiborne arrived in the Pacific, too late for the war. She hauled food around to various islands then hauled troops home. I think your Sailor “Worked “His way home on points and was separated when the ship hit the States.