San Diego suggestions?

Title says it all! Thanks!!

UPDATE- I just saw a few posts about SD and SoCal. Doesn’t seem to be much left, but figured maybe if by some chance you know anything around SD, you can reply here. Maybe.... :)

manayunkman

You should try Kobe’s swap meet but get there very early.

There are antique malls here and there that might have things.

There is tons of undiscovered stuff in the SD area.

Kobe or the Santee swap meet. Sometimes you'll grab a few gems, but you're better off with estate sales imho.

manayunkman

I found an SS officer’s sword, several old patched flying jackets, several medal grouping, an amazing US grouping from a man named Hitler with a small hoard of Japanese bring backs, tons of other stuff and saw Dave Hester get sucker punched all at Kobe’s.

That's odd though, is WWII militaria really that in demand that it would be swept up so early? The sense I've gotten over the past few months of collecting (at militaria meetups, vintage stores, flea markets, etc.) is that no one, at large, cares about this stuff (for better or for worse :))

manayunkman

If you want good deals show up very early before the good deals are gone.

I get there while people are setting up.

Show up late and most everything is retail, picked over and gone.

I have been to flea markets all over the country and they are mostly all the same, show up late and all the good deals are gone.

A few of my flea market finds from the past 10 years are posted on the forum.

manayunkman
9 hours ago, BigBrother said:

That's odd though, is WWII militaria really that in demand that it would be swept up so early? The sense I've gotten over the past few months of collecting (at militaria meetups, vintage stores, flea markets, etc.) is that no one, at large, cares about this stuff (for better or for worse :))

Where do you live?

18 hours ago, manayunkman said:

I found an SS officer’s sword, several old patched flying jackets, several medal grouping, an amazing US grouping from a man named Hitler with a small hoard of Japanese bring backs, tons of other stuff and saw Dave Hester get sucker punched all at Kobe’s.

Well, that would have been worth the price of admission!😄

manayunkman

I don’t want to derail this thread so I only say this.

It was an old man who came up from behind while Dave had a Nazi flag draped over his shoulders.

1 hour ago, BigBrother said:

Orange County

Years ago when I lived down there there was a very good swap meet at the Santa Ana/Orange County fairgrounds where I found LOTS of good militaria.  Is it still there?  Of course, the trick was getting there very  early  while the people were setting up.

Steve

I didn’t know they did flea markets at either! I’ve hit Rose Bowl, Long Beach, and Torrance so far, but will look those up. They’re very local to us and will be easy to hit up. Thanks!

manayunkman
2 hours ago, BigBrother said:

I didn’t know they did flea markets at either! I’ve hit Rose Bowl, Long Beach, and Torrance so far, but will look those up. They’re very local to us and will be easy to hit up. Thanks!

You get there as they unpack?