Strange engraving on back of WW2 era paratrooper wing

I saw this at the flea market today and didn't buy it as the seller is know for his high prices but I took a photograph of it to share with everyone.  I've never come across one like this before.  This is an ordinary basic sterling marked paratrooper wing of the type you would get upon graduation from jump school during WW2.   I wonder maybe a salesman sample?  Any ideas?

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

This wing was probably procured from government stocks for display in a public place. We find medals marked like this with some frequency. I haven't seen this on a jump wing before, but did once encounter a Combat Infantry Badge that was engraved with the "for display only" engraved on the back.

Allan

Appears that it might be the same PQMD script font as used on medals from the 1947-49 time period. Very nice!

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Appears that it might be the same PQMD script font as used on medals from the 1947-49 time period. Very nice!

That makes sense as I was wondering how a regular jeweler was able to engrave such precise small letters in continuous script like this.