1944 Liberty magazines

navyman

Hi,

I picked five of these Liberty magazines up today, didn't get a chance to go thru them yet, but I thought the covers were neat. I may frame a couple of them.

Jason

1 of 5

post-2501-1234045605.jpg

Hi,

I picked five of these Liberty magazines up today, didn't get a chance to go thru them yet, but I thought the covers were neat. I may frame a couple of them.

Jason

1 of 5

post-2501-1234045605.jpg

2 of 5

post-2501-1234045749.jpg

WWII era Magazines are great collectibles and if not to fragile are neat to read as well. Most can be obtained affordably and often less than you see single advertisements for sale. (I cringe when I see people who tear up these magazines just to sell the ads.) Anyway, youll enjoy reading the articles as written in the war years. As you noted the covers as well are suitable for framing and are often worthy of display. As a collector of anti axis propaganda, posted below are two of the Liberty Magazines with propaganda covers.

Cheers,

Jim

Homefrontguy

post-1908-1234048804.jpg

post-1908-1234048771.jpg

WWII era Magazines are great collectibles and if not to fragile are neat to read as well. Most can be obtained affordably and often less than you see single advertisements for sale. (I cringe when I see people who tear up these magazines just to sell the ads.) Anyway, youll enjoy reading the articles as written in the war years. As you noted the covers as well are suitable for framing and are often worthy of display. As a collector of anti axis propaganda, posted below are two of the Liberty Magazines with propaganda covers.

Cheers,

Jim

Homefrontguy

post-1908-1234048804.jpg

post-1908-1234048771.jpg

Nice covers,

The antique shop that I bought the 5 had a nice stack of these at $4.00 a piece, I may go back for more!!!!!!

Jason

• 2 months later...

Those are great covers, thanks for posting I had not seen any of these before. I have a few Life magazines I have recently put up in my war room.

Alan