Hello from London!

cap174

Hey all, joined a little bit back but forgot to leave an introduction. My name's Charles, I'm from London but my family's originally from NC and VA. My collection's pretty much only rations, US and international, and I've been collecting for a little more than 2 years now. I also have a (small) collection of my great-grandfather's military equipment, I'll post that in the right forum in a bit. Anyways, look forward to making some connections here and hopefully doing some buying/ trading, and thanks for letting me in to the forum!
rations.png.391b9624e2be57bcb771d4ca74c1cffe.png
Here's my collection if a

Oops, pressed enter before I was done :O

Anyways, that picture is my collection as of a month or so ago, got quite a bit more recently and a lot of stuff is in storage, the top left is all US stuff, but a good portion of my US stuff is with family in the states atm.

Belated welcome then! That’s a really interesting obsession, collecting rations. Reminds me of how I get over things like early M1910  canteens and WWI era cartridge belts. Wish I knew more about your collection. If you have some rare treasures to point out, I, and maybe some others, would be interested in hearing about them.

I Hate Moths

You appear to be preparing for some man made or natural cataclysm.  Welcome to the forum.  Please let me into your bunker when it happens.

Tom

Welcome to the forum! Amazing display and what a fascinating collection. Looking forward to your future posts.

23 hours ago, Fiziwater said:

Belated welcome then! That’s a really interesting obsession, collecting rations. Reminds me of how I get over things like early M1910  canteens and WWI era cartridge belts. Wish I knew more about your collection. If you have some rare treasures to point out, I, and maybe some others, would be interested in hearing about them.

Thank you!

22 hours ago, TexRdnec said:

i do believe that we spoke earlier today, great display!

ETA:  i need more pics of that top left shelf!!!

I believe we did! Nice talking to you man, I might hit you up for a trade on some stuff I have coming in soon.

For both of, here's my US stuff; most of my real cool stuff is British but that's not for this forum I suppose ;)

us_rats.jpg.fdda148bf7d1f7e6709ca0652ae3f984.jpg

A lot is still waiting for me in the states, but there's some cool stuff here as well. The white bag on the far left is a RAFCO Ration Cold Weather (with the coveted fruit soup), next to that is a '45 Lifeboat ration, some vietnam accessory packs and a pack of cigs, next to that's a big pile of cans (ones at the bottom are mostly korea, top is mostly vietnam). Next to that we got a '54 survival life pack and some emergency drinking water, and those boxes of soap are cool wartime issues that use cardboard instead of the usual metal packaging. There are a few other odds and ends scattered around, some k ration sugar packets, c rat gum, a license plate from the motherland, etc...  

I'll be in the US in a couple days and I'll post the other cool stuff then.

23 hours ago, I Hate Moths said:

You appear to be preparing for some man made or natural cataclysm.  Welcome to the forum.  Please let me into your bunker when it happens.

Tom

Haha, not only will this feed me through any disaster, I'm sure a sprinkling of the contents of some of those cans around the property would keep any looters/zombies/radioactive mutants out just by the smell alone!

4 hours ago, GCCE1854 said:

Welcome to the forum! Amazing display and what a fascinating collection. Looking forward to your future posts.

Thank you! I really should've joined here earlier, better late than never I guess!

19 minutes ago, cap174 said:

For both of, here's my US stuff; most of my real cool stuff is British but that's not for this forum I suppose ;)

So amazing! While this forum is not for British, there is a newer sister forum (run by the same group):

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/

There's a nice UK and Commonwealth section over there. Personally, my interests and research are all centered in the UK, so I'm working hard at beginning to get discussions on WMF started in that section. Would love to see you join there and post about the other parts of your collection!

40 minutes ago, GCCE1854 said:

So amazing! While this forum is not for British, there is a newer sister forum (run by the same group):

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/

There's a nice UK and Commonwealth section over there. Personally, my interests and research are all centered in the UK, so I'm working hard at beginning to get discussions on WMF started in that section. Would love to see you join there and post about the other parts of your collection!

Oh, nice, I'll be sure to post my non-US stuff there, thanks!

That's a fabulous display as well as a really amazing collection! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see more! Hope you have a nice time on the forum!