M1 Helmet with marked liner - XVI Army Corps

GOAmules

I just found this helmet.  From what I know, it's WWII era.  The estate had several items from the vet, (name Ybarra) including his WWII campaign medals.  Foot Locker was marked XVI Corps, which the liner has their insignia on it.  But I'm not sure the liner is WWII era, is it?  If not, I was thinking Korea.  It has an eyelet in the front.  

The shell has a very tight seam in the rear, and a heat stamp of M 342 A.  This seems WWII era.  Thanks for any help. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

BILL THE PATCH

Judging from the color I would say post ww2, unless the lighting makes it look pea green?, Closer to Vietnam helmet color in my opinion. Let other chime in. The liner is probably ww2 the color scheme is post Korean war from the looks of it. Let see what others say

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's lining up with another opinion, not WWII.  A guy on the warrelics forum says he thinks the liner is 1951-53, and the shell is a McCord from 1951-58 due to the leading "M -" in the heat stamp.  So Korea era, if he's right.  I'd really hoped it was WWII with the 3 digit heat stamp.  But didn't know about the M.

heat lot.JPG

The straps on the shell are replacements from the 60s. They are not the original straps that were manufactured with the shell. 

The anchor logo gives it away. 50s McCords have OD painted unmarked hardware.