M-209-B Converter with canvas bag

mndoss

I recently purchased this M-209-B converter off of eBay. It's a beauty! As you can see from the data plate it was made by Smith & Corona Typewriter Co. in 1942. At least I'm assuming that's 1942, most of the 2 seems to have rubbed off or been inked over but no other number looks like it would match it. The seller I got it from also included a photo copy of an original manual to go with it. Unfortunately it's missing the screw driver but other than that all other components (oil and ink tubes plus tweezers) are present and in great shape. Just a few days before I got this there was a canvas bag for an M-209-B for sale on eBay also which I went ahead and purchased. It was great being able to get both of these at the same time! The canvas carrying bag is also in great shape, though missing the carry strap. I found a small modern-era screw driver that would work with this (would have to notch out the tip) but I would much prefer to track down an original screw driver to replace it. I know they're probably as rare as unicorns but if anyone knows where I can find an original screw driver (and maybe even carry strap for the bag) please let me know!

20210730_170402.jpg

20210730_170542.jpg

20210730_171727.jpg

20210730_170427.jpg

Close up of the guts of the M-209 with the cover removed as well as the accessory storage area. As you can see there's also some of an original roll of paper tape left too.

20210730_170640.jpg

20210730_171352.jpg