What Era are these collar Insignia

mrgsmvm

I have had these Collar insignia for many years and I guess to lazy all these years to focus on them. Well I am now focusing. I know they are for Massachusetts Military but do not know anything else. The two in the upper left of the photo are a pair, have loops on the rear to sew onto the collar. The one below also has loops for sewing. The remaining have a long pin running from left to right with an open catch. The color varies from silver to gold to Bronze to a brown color. What years were they used and by what military branch: the Militia or National Guard? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

100_5287.jpg.786cad78bcce454da8f2c81fa33de6d4.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hello;

Thank you much for that information. That clears up some of my questions. Do you know if these are all National Guard, Militia or a combination of both? Again, Thank You.

John

Hey Reforger;

Just found 2 old photos of men in uniform with "MASS" on them.  Dates on them shown as 1905 - 1906. I'm getting more info in the past two days than in the past few Years.

John

image.png.8908a59a242e8b56917e9e04133117fd.pngimage.png.03c9be87ce7208d84ed8aaff59a0deb9.png