" Mediiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic !!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

nicolas75

Hello all

I’ve been fortunate enough to acquire a new display mannequin : he’s the bomb for my mannequin project !

The place is Sainteny on July 4/5/6th 1944 with the 83rd Infantry division who suffered so many losses on those days

I have to change some thing on him :

- find a solution to put him boots although it’s nearly impossible to slip it,

- decide if he’s better with spectacles (the flash makes the magnifyng bigger on the specs, which is not true when you look at him)

- take him off the chute scarf

- find a new house or somewhere to put it on dipslay as it’s now all folded lacking space ...

It's a small tribute which have to be improved to remember those braves

Here it is ...

post-3574-1234035032.jpg

post-3574-1234035041.jpg

Very nice display.

I would leave the spectacles on as it makes it a better looking display (in my opinion).

The scarf is also a nice addition.

Erwin

Nice medic display! However, to lend real authenticity to your display I suggest that you throw down some dirt and gravel along with tree branches just to make it complete. Of course if your married this could cause a little marital disharmony but, she'll just have to understand. :lol:

Nice medic display! However, to lend real authenticity to your display I suggest that you throw down some dirt and gravel along with tree branches just to make it complete. Of course if your married this could cause a little marital disharmony but, she'll just have to understand. :lol:

But look at the bright side.... when our wives get mad at us and leave, we've got a lot more closet space for more uniforms.... w00t.gif

But look at the bright side.... when our wives get mad at us and leave, we've got a lot more closet space for more uniforms.... w00t.gif

While on the surface your thoughts here sound good, you are only thinking onesided. See, your assuming with this train of thought that she's the one leaving. But, just suppose it's YOU and your beloved uniforms who are leaving to spend time in a cheap cold hotel room!... ahhhhhh, now we have a new dilemma: Unsecured storage of your uniforms! :blink: So, I still suggest getting her to somehow understand the need in your life for dirt, rocks and gravel in the family room rather than taking the chance of sleeping alone with your uniforms. ;) Am I getting off topic here?

the.warlord1944

i would loose the scarf.

only airborne did it.

And if you look in museums it is like everyone did it.

But if you look into the photo`s you see this was not done on a regular basis.

i like the medicbag and helmet thumbsup.gif

i would loose the scarf.

only airborne did it.

That's where you're wrong.

There are photos of infantrymen wearing a parachute scarf, even a civilian scarf.

Just have a good look.

Erwin

Very nice display!

I like the glasses but think I would loose the scarf, it looks good but it seems more fitting without it or replace it with a wool example. You just have to play with it. I don't think you cant do wrong at this point with the details, you already nailed it!

You might have to cut off the very bottum of his feet to slip on some boots, adding some leggings might help hide the lack of boots to the point where he doesn't even need them.

Tino

• 1 year later...

Hello Nicolas,

I don't know if the soldiers of the 83rd in Normandy was more in the HBT uniform or Mustard, but during the month of August 1944, a majority of soldiers of this unit were in HBT uniform.

Best regards from a passionate of the 83rd division.

Antoine