5th Maryland Grouping

GLCC74

Here is a grouping of the 5th Maryland Regiment or Dandy Fifth. This unit got started in 1867 as the 5th Maryland Infantry Regiment, during WW1, it was re-designated 5th Maryland Infantry under the 29th Infantry Division. It was again re-designated the 115th Infantry regiment after incorporating the 1st and 4th Maryland regiments. In WW2, the unit was re-designated the 175th Infantry Regiment under the 29th Infantry Division. One of my relatives served in the 5th before WW1, and went overseas to fight in France in WW1. So these hold a special interest for me. There is not much information about these uniforms or accessories that were used with them, so if anyone has more info, let me know. 

I have 3 of the Coatee type jackets, one with chevrons. I also have the daily fatigue uniform, which is much rarer to find. I have a set of cross straps and 2 of the 5th brass buckles. The shako is exactly as I found it. The shoes are period, but not military issue, however it displays well with the uniform. 

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

IMG_5427.JPG

IMG_5422.JPG

IMG_5423.JPG

IMG_5424.JPG

IMG_5425.JPG