Model of 1912 style Holster for M1911 Pistol

ccyooper

This appears to be a civilian holster used by the military. I cannot find any markings but the way it is named on the inside leads me to believe it was military used. Mods if this should be listed in the field gear section please move it.  Or if not private purchase military please delete.  It’s old and not something new. 

AFABCE98-7E14-4A60-9930-F607AD718FBC.jpeg

3D4D7269-430D-441D-A414-DA18DEB801FB.jpeg

9A3BC4C9-4C24-4705-AA4B-987D1E0108F7.jpeg

Charlie Flick

The Firearms and Ordnance section is the proper area for holsters.

You are correct.  This holster is a private purchase version of the Model of 1912 holster for the M1911 pistol.  Way back when officers were required to purchase some of their own personal equipment.  Even when that practice changed some officers preferred to do so and purchased such items from military equipment dealers such as the M.C. Lilley & Co., William H. Horstmann Co., Mills Woven Cartridge Belt Co. (for woven holsters), etc.   This was the case with Regular Army and National Guard officers.  The officers of State militia and home guard organizations were also frequent customers for such items.

That is a nice example as it appears to be in reasonably good shape and has the often missing leg strap.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie for the informed comments.  It is in good condition and I was looking for a holster with the leg straps still in place and this just sort of fell in my lap.  At first I was concerned that it was not marked US and then I recalled that a lot of officers carried private purchase items - I bought a 1911 once that a guy carried in an Audley holster. I noticed this one was a little different as it has a protective flap over the swivel rivet on the inside.  I thought maybe with that feature I could possibly narrow it done to a few makers but no luck so far.  Thank you for the comments, regards.