WW2 uniform or later?

Toolick

I Hate Moths

You don't show much to go on. There is usually a date tag in one of the pockets. Korean War ike jackets generally have buttons at the waist , where a WWII Ike jacket  has buckles. You also see zippers added to Korean War jackets.  The oval shape of the collar disc has me thinking post WWII.

Tom

CavalryCombatant

I would agree with the others, to my understanding enlisted men having DI’s worn on their shoulders was a completely postwar idea.

CC

A pretty rare unit IKE, its for the 150th Anti Aircraft Battalion of the North Carolina National Guard, a Non Divisional; Separate Battalion, unit was federalized during the Korean War, probably stationed at Ft Bragg, not sure, Can we see the whole IKE, and its tags, once we see that we can pin down date to see if it is a WWII dated IKE used in the 50s or a MQ1 IKE made in the very early 50s.

Note on that collar disc there, is that in like 1950 the Anti Aircraft Battalion no longer fell under the Coast Artillery Corps anymore, the Coast Artillery Corps was disestablished, so the AAA units now simply wore the Crossed Cannons rather then what they used to wear, the branch insignia of Coast Artillery Corps. We imagine the AAA Units just became an adjunct to the Field Artillery rather then an official part.

4 hours ago, KurtA said:

The arty disk is German-made, so early occupation period before they went to 4 disks and small chevrons around 1948 

Beg to differ Sir, that AA Command Patch comes out in early 1952, Discs on the top collars only, ditto, the WWII Cpl, WWII stripes were worn along side the new OD on Blue Twill through out the 50s. Maybe the 150 Discs is U.S. Made? there have been examples of numbered U.S. Made Discs posted around.

3 hours ago, Toolick said:

I'm assuming these are what your referring to.

PXL_20210727_003425348.jpg

Yes indeed, many times the clutch plates have hallmarks, these do not from what we can see, the clutches themselves are U.S. Made on the right, the ones with the lettering, these come out in 1948, the others are generic, also used in this time period.

b5md.jpg

44 minutes ago, patches said:

Beg to differ Sir, that AA Command Patch comes out in early 1952, Discs on the top collars only, ditto, the WWII Cpl, WWII stripes were worn along side the new OD on Blue Twill through out the 50s. Maybe the 150 Discs is U.S. Made? there have been examples of numbered U.S. Made Discs posted around.

Yes. Was too focused on the chevrons.  Disk may be private purchase US made 

3 hours ago, KurtA said:

Yes. Was too focused on the chevrons.  Disk may be private purchase US made 

Its always great when we see a post 1951 mid-late 50s IKE with the WWII Stripes on them, gotta love that.