Real or Fake Navy SEAL Trident

Dominik

Dominik

Could anyone help me with figuring out whether or not this trident is real or fake?

20210724_092119~2.jpg

20210724_092131(0)~2.jpg

Dominik
1 hour ago, donaldnol said:

yes it's real but modern navy

I thought that they only made silver tridents up until the mid 70s? What do you mean by modern Navy?

donaldnol
2 hours ago, Dominik said:

I thought that they only made silver tridents up until the mid 70s? What do you mean by modern Navy?

theres no silver in this piece but yea still begin produce today, the code no# on back

Dominik
32 minutes ago, donaldnol said:

theres no silver in this piece but yea still begin produce today, the code no# on back

Oh ok cool. Would you happen to know why it looks like silver though? I thought all modern ones were the gold color.

Thisisme

Hi,

I would need to see it without the clasps on the back.

There are China fakes being made that have fake hallmarks on the back.

They are even faking some of the packaging material now for the badges.

I have notified ebay and Vanguard for years and they have done nothing.

Dominik
21 minutes ago, Thisisme said:

Hi,

I would need to see it without the clasps on the back.

There are China fakes being made that have fake hallmarks on the back.

They are even faking some of the packaging material now for the badges.

I have notified ebay and Vanguard for years and they have done nothing.

Is that good?16271697312777459250859663595569.jpg.16e03d0376ae93226fd2667745af96ea.jpg

Tonomachi

This is not one of the Communist Chinese copies however I consider it a reproduction due to the fact that it was produced after the Navy did away with all of their silver finished Tridents around 1970.   There were only three companies (Antaya, Vanguard & NS Meyer) that I am aware of that produced the original silver Tridents which were only worn for maybe a year before everyone switch over to the gold Tridents.  For some reason insignia companies continued to manufacture silver Tridents despite them no longer being authorized for wear by the Navy.  This is one of them and the alphanumeric code of H24N was used by the Hilborn-Hamburger insignia company out of New York.  At the same time they produced a gold version of this Trident with the same hallmark which is not considered a reproduction because it was authorized for wear by the USN.