OKC Now Taking Orders for their Universal Retractable Bayonet

aznation

Source:  https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/okc-now-taking-orders-for-their-universal-retractable-bayonet/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20210723_FridayDigest_340&utm_campaign=/digest/okc-now-taking-orders-for-their-universal-retractable-bayonet/

a2.jpg

The Ontario Knife Company, OKC, known around the world for their fighting knives and rugged tools, is now taking orders for their new Retractable Bayonet. Simply named, the OKC Retractable Bayonet mounts to any firearm with a standard Picatinny rail, making this bayonet practically universal.

“Designed for increased means of self-defense to work with or as a backup to your firearm for when hand-to-hand combat becomes necessary, the OKC Retractable Bayonet could be just the weapon you need when in a life-threatening situation,” says the company. “The new OKC Retractable Bayonet easily attaches to your AR, or any firearm outfitted with a Picatinny Rail System.”

To extend the bayonet the user just needs to pull on the spring-loaded stainless steel latch. The same knob is used to retract the blade, and can be manipulated both ways one-handed.

The Retractable Bayonet measures in at 7 inches collapsed, and with the 6-inch blade extended, 13 inches. The .1875-inch thick blade is fashioned from S35VN steel, then hardened to 59 on the Rockwell C scale.

The housing is 6061-T6 aluminum with a black anodized finish and measures 1.5 inches wide. The Retractable Bayonet weighs less than a pound, which is almost half the weight of an M9 Bayonet.

Although a semi-fixed bayonet may be a little less practical than a detachable knife bayonet, the small size and weight of the design, combined with its ease of deployment, makes the OKC Retractable Bayonet an attractive package. And it is detachable, just maybe not the best knife in the hand. Time and reviews will tell.

Admittedly, the cool factor here is off the charts, and the driving force behind desires to have one. While other companies have made similar accessories for the black rifle crowd, none have the same history and cachet that OKC does. Some people might dismiss this as a gimmick, but OKC makes it the real deal.

If there’s a catch, and there’s always a catch, it’s that this bayonet has a pretty tall sticker price at $499. And while normally, retailers list OKC products a little less than MSRP, these are just all going to sell out even at full price. If you want one and see one in stock, it’s safe to say it won’t stay that way for long.

For more information about their many tools and accessories, visit OKC online https://ontarioknife.com/?utm_source=GunsAmerica

Matt- Thanks for showing! But for $499, and no rifle to attach it to, I think I'm gonna pass on this one. SKIP

2 hours ago, SKIPH said:

Matt- Thanks for showing! But for $499, and no rifle to attach it to, I think I'm gonna pass on this one. SKIP

You're welcome.  Same here by the way.  It is rather a costly item I'd say but still pretty neat.

Salvage Sailor
On 7/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, SKIPH said:

Field expedient

tape 01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"Simply named, the OKC Retractable Bayonet mounts to any firearm with a standard Picatinny rail, making this bayonet practically universal."

This one line is causing a lot of grey hairs here in The Garden State of Apathetic Confusion.

It could make every AR,  AK, M1A etc. rifle with a Picatinny rail illegal.

No Bayonet lugs allowed. They're dangerous, ya know.