"Rare 101st Airborne MP helmet with Screaming Eagle Insignia painted on both side"

elh1311

Not to try and hijack this thread but has anyone ever come across an actual 101st Airborne Mp helmet? Similar to the one in this picture? Sorry for the small photo but it was a small photo I tried to zoom in as best as I could. This photo is out of my Great Uncles photo album.

IMG_4129.JPG.016184073260f5ac45f41aa730e990d0.JPGIMG_4130.JPG.2f2f5c2a768a55b6b791eb6b069d4b6a.JPG

7 hours ago, Usmc2004 said:

Not to try and hijack this thread but has anyone ever come across an actual 101st Airborne Mp helmet? Similar to the one in this picture? Sorry for the small photo but it was a small photo I tried to zoom in as best as I could. This photo is out of my Great Uncles photo album.

IMG_4129.JPG.016184073260f5ac45f41aa730e990d0.JPGIMG_4130.JPG.2f2f5c2a768a55b6b791eb6b069d4b6a.JPG

For the shockingly low price of only $8,000 you can have a helmet sort of close to the one in your picture....

I think the helmet in the picture (the real one) is in fact just the liner. 

Most MP's ( and constabulary) I have spoken with said that they were not allowed to wear the steel helmet unless in a combat area.

Just to add to Mr.Jerry's thought there . . . the famous LIFE cover showing a Constabulary Sgt shows his (fabulous) liner . . . Makes sense why it is common to see liners and not pots for the Constabulary.

Everett Marshall Bennett f.jpg

6 hours ago, Mr.Jerry said:

I think the helmet in the picture (the real one) is in fact just the liner. 

Most MP's ( and constabulary) I have spoken with said that they were not allowed to wear the steel helmet unless in a combat area.

That is some excellent information thank you for that.  I believe you are correct that it is just the liner.  

manayunkman
1 minute ago, M422A1 said:

Wow! Starting bid of 8k and only a one line description of the helmet...

The helmet speaks for itself. 😂