WW1 Era Signal Corps Tool Bag

GLCC74

I have an oddball here, a WW1 Era US Signal Corps tool bag. It is listed along with its contents in the Signal Corps manual Number 8, on page 350. Below is a photo of the page, showing the tool bag and its contents. I got the bag empty and have been looking for the tools that go inside, I have almost all of them, just missing a few pieces. Anyone else have one of these? If so, I have a question regarding one of the tools that went into the kit. 

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5321.JPG

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

IMG_5318.JPG

Jake Zenger

Really cool tool bag! I'm a signal corps officer so items like this are always very interesting to me. Great item!

Thanks for the comments, there is one tool on the list I cannot identify, it is listed as: wrench, socket, for telephone apparatus, 6 inch. It is hard to tell exactly what it is from the photo. All the other tools, I have identified, and am in the process of acquiring to complete the kit. 

I do also have the WW1 era Signal Corps hand held signal light kit with the shoulder straps, belt and pouches with batteries. 

From the photo it appears the wrench, socket tool is a ratcheting tool handle that would accept different attachments, sockets, screwdriver bits etc. I've got a very old ratcheting handle like this but it is a commercially made tool with no military markings.  Just my best guess!

Thanks GWS, figured it was something like that. I know even today tool kits are issued with a "standard" list of tools and makers, however often substitutes are allowed. All the tools in this kit are civilian types, nothing military issued as far as I know.