Help with WW2 USMCR named Air Medal and DFC grouping

blademan

Greetings,

A friend of mine recently sold me this nice group of USMCR medals that are named to "2nd Lt. LLOYD W. STAYTON USMCR". Unfortuantly they did not come with their original boxes.  I see no numbers on the medals. 

I have tried to research the medals and their owner.  I believe the medals may be early Navy issue.  I have been unable to find any info on the original owner. 

I would very much appreciate your help with any history you may find regarding the original owner, info on the medals as to age/maker/..., wether is is original engraving, and possible value.  I gather medals for my collection but am far from an expert. 

Your help is appreciated. 

Thanks

20210712_173933.jpg

20210712_173939.jpg

20210719_225136.jpg

Engraving looks good and they should not be numbered.  They are Navy contracted medals that were produced by the US Mint.

Lloyd W. Stayton

AWARDS BY DATE OF ACTION:1 of 1

Distinguished Flying Cross

AWARDED FOR ACTIONS
DURING World War II

Service: Marine Corps

GENERAL ORDERS:

Heroes U.S. Marine Corps 1861 - 1955 (Jane Blakeney)

CITATION:

(Citation Needed) - SYNOPSIS: Lloyd W. Stayton (MCSN: 0-32710), United States Marine Corps, was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross for extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight, in actions against enemy Japanese forces in the Pacific Theater of Operations during World War II.

Thank you scottplen for your posts.  I don't wish to duplicate your efforts but these might be easier to see.  -- Matt

a1.jpg

a1a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...