Show of Shows?

Mr.Jerry

OK Home fronters!

Who is going to the Show of Shows and what will you be looking for?

We will be there with 4 tables and my service flag book- so stop by and say "hi" if you are able.  I plan on flying a bigger service flag to get people to the tables!

Just got back, I thought it was a good show - first time I've been to the SOS in shorts and a short-sleeved shirt (the show is usually held in February).  Had to post this big Son In Service banner . . . 

2021 SOS sis banner.jpg

19 minutes ago, stratasfan said:

What an amazing banner! Is that @Mr.Jerry's booth?

I don't know 😢 - I saw it on my way out and didn't stop to ask.

Haha! The water bottle was still there--- We had kind of "annexed" the area that housekeeping seemed to sweep things to as were some boxes and other detritus there .

I just rolled in- it was a good show- different to be sure- but a good show!

I'll post some pics probably tomorrow-

Thanks to all who stopped by to say "Hi" (and those who bought the book! )

34 minutes ago, Mr.Jerry said:

A few pics-

IMG_3605.JPG

Super! Is this the stuff you got personally? I love that Quartermaster wool piece. Great War I assume? My type. I love that embroidery-on-wool stuff from the great War era. And Quartermaster stuff is amazing! 

Here's one of my SOS finds: a homefront-crafted (I assume) AAF device made from aluminum, bronze, and copper and riveted together. It's about the size of an AAF Cadet hat device, and very lightweight. The blob of solder on the back gives the impression a pin was added to the back (no pin provided), but the crudeness of the solder seems at odds with the superb craftsmanship of the rest of the piece. Unique? For me it is :-) 

Winged Prop.jpg

Oh, thanks for sharing the pics! That is a beautiful Engineers flag! How big is it?

Thanks- that is one of the "fancy embroidered type" of branch of service wool window banners.  Maybe 12-15" high.