Short Sword Identification assistance requested

kcmo

All,

Looking for help to identify the short sword on the right of the picture.  I thought it was maybe Civil War but could not locate one like it.  Thanks for your time.  

3.jpg

4.PNG

Thanks. I would agree that it appears to be an artillery short sword.  What I cannot figure out is year/model.  The Guard is different than the  US 1832 model and others images that I could find on a google search.  Unfortuately this is the only picture I have at the moment so no markings are yet know. 

These type swords were originally made and issued to the French army around 1830ish, and maybe earlier. The guards and handles were similar, but different from the US version made by AMES. There are quite a few pictures of French versions on the internet. Also keep in mind that some were made for the Confederate forces during the Civil War. Good luck!  SKIP

Thanks.  Still unable to locate on the this type of guard.  I've pictured the ones either US or French that I could find all with a different guard.  All are rounded at the ends like the ones pictured.  I would love to ID the one that started the posting if possible.  Thanks again for the assistance.  

5.PNG

kcmo- More and better pictures would help if possible, particularly the blade, and clearer guard and handle pics. SKIP

The Swiss M1842 short sword is very similar to the french model.  to identify the sword need to see the blade and get measurements and clearer pictures of the handle.  Looks to be poorly forged.  Most of the French and Swiss blades as well as US swords of this style have makers marks and/or cartouches.  The guards look sort of pointed to me but it is hard to tell in the pictures.

Thanks for the input.  Wish I had more to go one right now.  Guard does appear to be more pointed and it does look poorly forged.  Coming up for sale so I might have it in hand in a few days if the price is right.  My fingers were crossed that it might be Confederate and hoping it could be identified as such before I'm given a price.  Hopefully I will know more soon.