399th Infantry Regiment Grouping - Reunited

JasonT

Recently I acquired this sterling silver ID bracelet name plate, ID'd to Pfc. Harold Nordenberg, who served in the 399th Infantry Regiment, 100th Division. Prior to joining the 399th, he served stateside in the Army Air Corps since his enlistment in 1943. The name plate is in rough condition, but you can barely make out his named engraved on the front and his serial number on the back. The seller on Ebay had his dog tags for sale in a separate listing but by time I saw this they were already sold. I figured it was a tough break, but sure enough a week or so later the new owner of the dog tags posted them for sale himself on Ebay, so I scooped them up right away. I then contacted the original Ebay seller to see if they happened to have any more items from Pfc. Nordenberg's estate. Turns out they did and I was able to make a deal to purchase what they had left, which included DUI's (two are theater made), ribbon bars, postcards, documents, photos (including some from his brothers service in Korea), as well as a great sterling CIB that was modified with a small theater made 399th crest . I was glad I was fortunate enough to be able to reunite these items and keep them together.

20210717_171603.jpg.dfa7b18bfd0ca70c0c781a4dbe1ab569.jpg

20210717_171632.jpg.86bbe1389b5fe72ab3132f2fd5889f4e.jpg

14 hours ago, manayunkman said:

That CIB is great.

Thanks Manayunkman, I was pretty excited to get it as I had never seen one modified like that before.

manayunkman
4 hours ago, JasonT said:

Thanks Manayunkman, I was pretty excited to get it as I had never seen one modified like that before.

Can you show a picture of the back ? Please 

6 hours ago, easterneagle87 said:

Sure is great to be able to put more of the pieces of puzzle together. Good job! 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Can you show a picture of the back ? Please 

Sure, here are close ups of front and back

20210718_163739.jpg.3174838b0f9011205b9b644536b32199.jpg

20210718_163753.jpg.9d58fb3ed710f970fd27f1a6375412e9.jpg

manayunkman

Thanks, that is very interesting.

Must have been done in Germany, or maybe he did it himself, are any of the DIs German made?

• 1 month later...
eaglerunner88

It's great you were able to keep everything together! Having the collar disks, DUIs, ribbon rack and that awesome CIB, have you considered recreating his uniform? Would be a cool way to display that hardware I think.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, eaglerunner88 said:

It's great you were able to keep everything together! Having the collar disks, DUIs, ribbon rack and that awesome CIB, have you considered recreating his uniform? Would be a cool way to display that hardware I think.

Thanks! I hadn't thought of doing a uniform recreation but will definitely keep that in mind as a potential project.