Two Jeeps all the way from Brazil to Italy.

ccmax

We'll be arriving in Italy on April 20 with these two Jeeps and a group of reenactors. Any local US reenactors and military vehicle collectors are welcome to join us. The idea is to cover a portion of the ground where the 10th Mountain and Brazilian divisions saw action during the Apennine campaign and then move on to the Po Valley. It would be great to have more people along with us.

devolta2wq9.jpg

Cesar.

post-19-1233968121.jpg

Hello Cesar,

It would be great to visit the old FEB battlegrounds. When are you planning to go?

We have a group of 10-15 vehicles, Jeeps, Dodge's and GMC's going to Normandy for the 65th Anniversary. We will ship out our vehicles by ferry-boat from Gothenburg to Gent in Belgium. We'll go from there and camp just 300 meters from the US Cemetary.

I have been to Normandy three times, 1984, 1989 and 1994, and I have a feeling that this must be the last time that any number of veterans will be traveling to Normandy.

I had plans last year to take my Dodge WC51 by boat from Gothenburg to Livorno in Italy and join the group of Brazilian's that planned to go. The trip was cancelled and I didn't feel like going all that way to ride around Italy by myself.

I plan to go to Italy next year, in April, when it is the 65 Anniversary of the end of the war and FEB's involvement in WW2.

My Dodge will go to a paint shop in about two weeks for a total motor pool restoration and respray. I will then mark it as an WC51 of the medical detachment of FEB (from Rio de Janeiro-off course...)

FEB a frente!

As always,

Goran Norén (ex Carioca and very proud to have lived in Rio)

goran_noren (at) yahoo (dot) com

We'll be arriving in Italy on April 20 with these two Jeeps and a group of reenactors. Any local US reenactors and military vehicle collectors are welcome to join us. The idea is to cover a portion of the ground where the 10th Mountain and Brazilian divisions saw action during the Apennine campaign and then move on to the Po Valley. It would be great to have more people along with us.

devolta2wq9.jpg

Cesar.

post-3954-1234012793.jpg

Glad to hear from you, we plan to arrive in time for the celebrations of the liberation of Bologna. We'll be boarding the plane on April 19 and we'll be staying for just over a week.

Regards,

Cesar.

post-3625-1234130901.jpg

You must be hanging around with the LineaGotica boys up in the Hill Towns. We (10th Mountain Division Association) will be making our 2009 reunion trip in late May with over 100 travelers including 15 or so of our veterans. The reenactor group always takes very good care of us, including running our veterans to the summit of Belvedere in their period jeeps. Thank you for your interest in the 10th Mtn. I've attached one of my favorite pictures of Rocca Cornetta, where my father's unit entered combat.

Thank you for keeping the memory of those who fought evil alive. Remember those of our current generation who are looking evil in the eye and beating them like our fathers and grandfathers did before us.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...