Legion of Merit Commander and then Legion of Merit Chief Commander to the same person

Thisisme

Can a foreign prince that becomes King of a nation receive both the Legion of Merit Commander while a prince and then Legion of Merit Chief Commander as the King?

Researching a recent purchase and it looks like this guy eventually became King of the nation. 

Likely received the Legion of Merit Commander during one of the gulf wars and more recently became the ruler of the country.

ItemCo16527

Yes, they would be able to be awarded Chief Commander. I don't know a lot about the degrees of the Legion of Merit beyond Legionnaire, but it would be possible. I don't know if the award would be given based solely on them becoming King, but research into the award may reveal what exactly it was awarded for. I can't remember names off the top of my head, but I've seen people who had been awarded the Officer degree and later Commander, so it's entirely possible.

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably of little help...but I see a picture of  General Nick Carter the British CDS  (on Wiki) wearing both the Commander and Officer grades of the LoM. Though he only wears the Officer on his ribbon bar. Most countries  only  wear the highest grade of an order ( and sometimes even return insignia on promotion to a higher grade) but , as far as I can tell the US has no regulations about how to wear multiple higher grades of the LoM.

Another thing I saw was the award of an Oak Leaf cluster to an Officer grade of the LoM to another British officer ...I never knew us foreigners could get additional awards of the same grade of the LoM...I think this is a recent invention.

All the best

Jim