Help Identify

cbhef

Welcome to the forum. Comments about VN era camo items often receive cryptic , very short responses from those in the know here. Those who collect it seriously here are very knowledgeable but do tend to hold their cards close. It's just a thing. There are quite a few threads on this exact forum with some examples of TS and other "similar" camouflage. I would encourage you to search there. There are books available if you are a collector but handling many pair is the best way to learn the details.

My interpretation of the one response of the knowledgeable member is a "swipe left"(whichever direction is a negative) - that this is not an VN-worn nor combat-used variety. "Army Surplus" might imply "once issued" but the short answer indicates this isn't the case here. There are many items sold in surplus stores that are tailored for hunting/camping and to the teen rebel crowd but have a military appearance. I don't know exactly what your item is but the perception is that your item is not desirable from a collector's standpoint.

Best,

D

I used to see these in the Army-Navy surplus shops back in the 80s time period.  As was stated above, this is not a military issued pattern  It was something that was produced to be worn by civilians.  These patterns played off the popularity of the tigers worn during the Vietnam War.  As far as I know, all these jackets were cut in the BDU style.

vintageproductions

There are two huge pinned threads on tiger stripes in the uniform section.

Take some time and read them, there is more information available in those threads then you will ever find in any book.