How to date this SF uniform

Tonomachi

I picked this jungle jacket up at the flea market.  The uniform is dated 1968 but I understand that these jungle jackets continued to be issued after the war into the 1980s until the woodland pattern camouflage BDUs started to replace them.   The only thing missing is the metal rank insignia that were pinned to the collars.  I understand that there were full colored merrowed edged Special Forces SSIs worn on uniforms during the Vietnam War but I'm not sure about the subdued version.  The Special Forces tab didn't come out until 1984 but I understand that there was a period of time where some folks were attached to the Special Forces and not SF qualified but wore the same insignia on their uniforms.  So could there be a chance that this is a late war uniform or more than likely a post war uniform?  

DSCF1436.JPG

DSCF1443.JPG

DSCF1444.JPG

DSCF1446.JPG

DSCF1447.JPG

The 1966-68 Stamped NAME Tape is a good indicator of a late 60s early 70s worn shirt or coat, guys just had these held on to them and used them again the Jump Wings, are late 60s early 70s made, embroidered on cotton sateen?

17 minutes ago, patches said:

The 1966-68 Stamped NAME Tape is a good indicator of a late 60s early 70s worn shirt or coat, guys just had these held on to them and used them again the Jump Wings, are late 60s early 70s made, embroidered on cotton sateen?

Thanks for your input so there is a chance that this was worn during the Vietnam War.

14 hours ago, Tonomachi said:

Thanks for your input so there is a chance that this was worn during the Vietnam War.

Yes there is a chance, would like however to see a good close up of the jump wings.

1 hour ago, patches said:

Yes there is a chance, would like however to see a good close up of the jump wings.

Here you go.

DSCF1466.JPG

13 hours ago, Tonomachi said:

Here you go.

DSCF1466.JPG

Good, its on Cotton Sateen, just wanted to make sure it was not one of the mid 70s on, these being embroidered on Ribbed Poly Blend Twill.

• 4 weeks later...

The SSI is not positioned correctly.  The tab position should be lower, allowing room for  a qualification tab(IE: Ranger) above it. The Arrowhead should be 3/16” below the AIrborne table.

Slanted tapes were approved for wear in the RVN in 1969.

e19- FYI-The airborne tab is exactly where it is supposed to be located, centered, 1/2" below the seam. If you were Ranger qualified, it would also be a 1/2" down, with the airborne tab below it. Spaces were not left for tabs not yet earned. Almost everyone I know recycled patches, jump wings, and name tags.  These patches and tabs are on my old uniforms, the way they were sewn on well over 30 years ago.Note, they are recycled. 20210810_171142.jpg.1697ff5c84cd2d25592e40a474b3091a.jpg20210810_171225.jpg.6a1aff4462646eca051c7d28fe41d719.jpg

20210810_172039.jpg