1944 E-Tool

gunner

i have a 1944 dated US WOOD entrenching tool but the handle is wood colored. it has a pretty well used airtress midland holder dated 1944 with wire hanger. the handle has an almost sticky feel to it like it was stripped or had soda spilt on it... regardless i always thought the handles were green painted. my uncle has a 1944 dated one as well but im almost positive the handle is green. i searched the web and found photos of both. when i saw a green handle with wear spots the wood underneath was a much lighter color than mine is, mine is a dark old looking wood like it was finished with a stain. but it looks so old i cant and worn.

im stumped

my question is did some tools get painted and others did not? does the handle color date production or what... maybe the paint easily wore off? is this common?

--shawn

post-3483-1233950419.jpg

these were originally all green , the paint probably wore off the handle, I have one with a very thin worn coat of green almost all rubbed off.

yes, it's common for the paint to wear off etools

these were originally all green , the paint probably wore off the handle, I have one with a very thin worn coat of green almost all rubbed off.

yes, it's common for the paint to wear off etools

How about the handles on the M-1910 e-tools?