US Navy High Altidude Helmets MK IV and MK III

salimbeti

• 7 months later...
Kirkus Maximus

Holy Grail helmets..! They look to have been stored and cared for, many years ago I saw for Mk. IV for sale with the case (way beyond my fiscal limits).

lf.png

Good to have you aboard. Have viewed your web site often for great information. The old Flying Helmets and Accessories thread has some great fresh blood!

Kirkus Maximus
4 hours ago, Obviousman said:

I would love to have one... but how much damage to the wallet are we talking here? If I could get one?

This bit kit went for just over 5 grand US at a Bonhams auction back in 2016, if I recall correctly...and honestly I haven't seen one offered up in recent years.

bonhams.png

I'd do it. If something I wanted became available, well, we don't have kids and you can't take it with you!

Kirkus Maximus

If you have not already seen it, check out the video on YouTube "Adam Savage's Navy Mark IV Helmet!" it's short but shows one of the nicest Mk. IV's I have ever seen...not that I have seen many (maybe 6 or so).

1 hour ago, Kirkus Maximus said:

If you have not already seen it, check out the video on YouTube "Adam Savage's Navy Mark IV Helmet!" it's short but shows one of the nicest Mk. IV's I have ever seen...not that I have seen many (maybe 6 or so).

I've seen his stuff on the Apollo A7L suit (I'm also hugely into manned spaceflight; I have a replica A7L), so I'll give that one a look.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Very nice condition..Wow . I just acquired a USN Mk IV suit and helmet but not in that good of shape ( Helmet) suit is in excellent condition ( to me )