Vietnam era SOG/MAC fatigues?

apardini

apardini

I recently acquired these fatigues at an estate sale. They were listed as Vietnam era. I wanted some input on whether this is a Vietnam era and if the combination of patches make sense. In my limited research it seems to be from a soldier who was involved with underwater demolition/salvage?

0FCA52F4-8094-414D-87D2-B77CD8C49979.jpeg

15DC68BE-8220-47C3-86E0-D1BCB0EADB61.jpeg

2FCE321A-0E31-4467-BC6A-8754F6E196A2.jpeg

A3C41697-B109-456E-AB22-CE6E8A125F0E.jpeg

DB4A1114-D8CC-4471-B9DE-D9C08A58BEA3.jpeg

Longhorn92

Unfortunately some sort of put together. Modern BDUs, USAF nametape, SEAL Trident in wrong place, among other problems. It’s a mess. Maybe a Halloween costume.

The LDNN patch is cool but not in the right place and not real. 

apardini

What year would you say the SEAL patch is from and where would it go on the uniform? Also is the MAC/SOG patch real and do you think it is Vietnam era

Blacksmith
3 hours ago, apardini said:

What year would you say the SEAL patch is from and where would it go on the uniform? Also is the MAC/SOG patch real and do you think it is Vietnam era

I don’t like the MACV-SOG patch either.

Longhorn92

The Trident would be worn above the Navy tape. I have no clue if that one with the black border is real or not. The SOG patch looks like the typical ones sold by places like Lancer Militaria etc. back in the day. Post Vietnam.

Legion72

Completely assembled, post Vietnam, by someone who had no idea what they were doing.  I doubt they were even trying to "fake it"...  just Mom putting together something for her son.

Glad you didn't pay much.