My 1940 US Navy MARK 1 BOAT CLOCK by Seth Thomas.

Flightpath

Hi, I picked this clock up a few weeks ago in a bad state and just finished it. I just need to oil it and time it. The seller had no key and didn´t know if it ran or not, I noticed that the second hand had moved in some of his photos so guessed it would probably run.

These clocks were used in smaller USN craft like PT boats, high speed rescue boats and Admiral´s barges, I saw one that was said to have been used in the conning tower of a submarine.

After 1941 the cases for boat and deck clocks were made of bakelite and other moulded materials. They were made by Chelsea and Seth Thomas.

Here is the 1940 MARK 1 BOAT CLOCK with my 1943 MARK 1 DECK CLOCK, 1942 US Navy barometer, 1920s USN altimeter and two WW2 USN aircraft clocks...... hope you like them.

cheers, John

1940 Boat Clock MARK 1.jpg

20210630_190903.jpg

collectsmedals

I love those clocks! The barometer and altimeter are also really nice. Thank you for sharing them with us. 

Very nice collection!! I am jealous. 

I only have a 1941 USN MK1 Deck clock made by Chelsea. It runs and keeps pretty good time. 

I like the clock stands. Did you make the wood stands?

Chris

1 hour ago, hink441 said:

Very nice collection!! I am jealous. 

I only have a 1941 USN MK1 Deck clock made by Chelsea. It runs and keeps pretty good time. 

I like the clock stands. Did you make the wood stands?

Chris

Hi Chris, yes, I made the stands, all of them are a bit rough, I painted the boat clock stand black because the wood was such rubbish and I nearly chucked it in the trash, it looked ok in black with the brass clock so I kept it. cheers, John