USMC Chevrons Wool and Woven !

doughboy

Hi altogether,

I have a question about USMC Chevrons wool on wool and the woven ones. I'm not really familiarized with USMC but when I'm right the chevrons which are wool on wool are definitely ww2. What about the woven chevrons ? are these also ww2 or more likely korean war era ?  when stopped the USMC using the wool on wool chevrons - after ww2 ? early 50's ? any help would be appreciated.Thank you in advance.

SgtMaddoxUSMC

The woven ones like the bevo style I believe came about sometimes towards the middle/later part of the war and were used throughout Korea and some (like PFC and 1stSgt) continued to see use shortly after the rank restructure/redesign of 1959.  I have not tracked down a manufacturer on the bevo weave chevrons but I am hoping to in the future so I can establish when they were first produced.

Thank you very much for the info - it was a great help for me. I found pictures in the web where I could see the chevrons but it was not clearly vissible what it really is - bevo style or wool.

Could it be that the wool chevrons were used until the late 1940s - early 50s - especially on shirts ?

OK , here are some photos. Well, I have to say it's not because I want to know what chevron style was worn on a jacket or a shirt.It's a reference for me because I always assumed wool chevrons are ww2 and bevo made is post ww2 to Korean era. Are there any "embroidered on wool chevrons" ever worn on the forest green shirt ? these forest green shirts are post ww2 -

Am I right ???? Sorry for these "stupid" questions, but as I already mentioned I'm not familiarized with USMC.

P:S     The Master Sergeant looks like he wears bevo style chevrons ! ?

Thanks in advance for your help

ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.jpg

ca-times.brightspotcdn.com.webp

post-2182-0-62872700-1357353588.jpg

usmc pic 2st mardiv.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

As best as I can tell, here is what we are looking at:

Photo 1 - Wosk style woven dress Staff Sergeant chevron
Photo 2 - Bevo style woven winter Master Sergeant chevron (correct on your ID)
Photo 3 - Wool on felt winter Corporal chevron
Photo 4 - Wosk style woven winter Corporal chevron