New member/first post.

Bilge Rat Militaria

Bilge Rat Militaria

Hey guys, just joined the forum and thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Sean and I'm in Knoxville, TN. Although I've collected for quite a while I've really only gotten serious about it in the last 3-4 years. My Primary focus of collecting is in U.S. WWI/WWII weapons and field gear with in interest in pictures and documents/medals. I collect some German, Japanese and Russian WWII as well but not as much. I'm on a few of the Facebook groups but they leave something to be desired in my opinion and this place was recommended by a very good friend so I figured I'd give it a shot. 

stratasfan

Welcome! Sounds like a fun era to collect. What kind of documents? Cool to find someone doing paper items, as they are so often overlooked! :) 

Welcome!   This is a great place to hang out, learn a lot, have some fun, and meet some really good people. 

If you haven't already, head over to our newer sister forum, the World Militaria Forum.

https://www.worldmilitariaforum.com/

You can post about your non-US stuff there.  Lots of the same folks here are also over there.  

Enjoy!  

Mikie

Sean

Welcome aboard ! I hope you will enjoy your time here on the Forum, many things to see and so much to learn. Great people always willing to  help in every way.

Tony

Bilge Rat Militaria
1 hour ago, Mr.Jerry said:

Welcome!  Going to the Louisville show?

Unfortunately I can't make it.. which sucks I've never been to one 

Bilge Rat Militaria
On 7/9/2021 at 8:34 AM, stratasfan said:

Welcome! Sounds like a fun era to collect. What kind of documents? Cool to find someone doing paper items, as they are so often overlooked! :) 

I really want to get into discharge papers and Wounded in action certificates. I just kinda started to get into the yard long pictures and only have three so far but definitely want more!