Help on ID on 1920s New York NG ribbons Please

manayunkman

manayunkman

Trying to ID the first and the last 2.

Last one looks cavalry related.

Any help is appreciated.

B02B9FDC-2421-437B-90AC-93FC541DDE4C.jpeg

#1 looks like Aquaduct Medal - The other 2 may be Regimental Medals (No idea as to ID)

Bill

collectsmedals

The first ribbon is for the New York Medal for State Service during World War I. This medal was approved by the governor on May 10, 1920 and was awarded to each officer and enlisted man of the military forced of the state of New York who was on active duty under orders from the governor for more than thirty days guarding public property, public utilities, or other establishments necessary for the war, between February 2, 1917 and February 2, 1919. This medal, as per ISMCR79's post is sometimes called the "Aqueduct Guard Service Medal".

collectsmedals

I am sorry, it was USMCR79's post, I fat fingered the keys.

Here is a picture of the medal.

Aquaduct.jpg

collectsmedals

The last ribbon is for a National Guard State of New York 100% duty medal similar to the one in this photograph. The number on the ribbon represents the assigned regiment.

IMG_1222.JPG

manayunkman

Thanks so much for those IDs with in depth information as well.

manayunkman

I’ve looked for New York NG medals but I could not find any with a ribbon with 3 thin yellow lines.

Does anyone know what it is?

Manayunkman...Thank you for the photo of the ribbon bar ...so regimental ribbons were (or could be) worn with state medals...I wanted some proof of this and you just provided it ..cool.

manayunkman
On 7/10/2021 at 1:08 AM, Jimnz said:

Manayunkman...Thank you for the photo of the ribbon bar ...so regimental ribbons were (or could be) worn with state medals...I wanted some proof of this and you just provided it ..cool.

Glad I was of some service.

I still need an ID on the black ribbon with 3 yellow pinstripes.

mars&thunder

The number on the ribbon of 100% duty medals in the NYNG is the number of years the individual qualified for this award.

collectsmedals
20 hours ago, mars&thunder said:

The number on the ribbon of 100% duty medals in the NYNG is the number of years the individual qualified for this award.

My mistake, I thought it was a regiment number. Thank you for the correction.

manayunkman

Great information.

Thanks to everyone who help make it easy to understand.

Was there a medal for the Squadron A long service ribbon?

mars&thunder

Yes. I'm not at home this week so I can't take a shot of one from my collection, but worthpoint shows an example - https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-ten-years-service-york-497891215 (if the link doesn't work go to worthpoint and search for "Vintage ten years service new york national guard") and it will be shown in one of the results. You don't have to have a subscription to do this kind of search.

Regards - 

mars&thunder

collectsmedals - not a problem. I have a particular soft spot in my heart for NYNG medals and really have worked with a lot of 100% duty examples.