Looking for an accurate b24 H or J model and recommendations on military miniature brands

manifestdestiny

manifestdestiny

I am beginning the process of building a shadowbox to display some of my grandfather's items from the war, and I wanted to incorporate a decently sized model of a b24 h or j (he was a crew chief in the 8th air force/453rd Bombardment Group/732nd Bomber Squadron and was responsible for both types at one time or another.  I'd like to recreate one of the planes that he worked on). Does anyone have any recommendations of accurate kit of this type in the 1/32nd scale or similar?

I have assembled mostly Dragon  and Zvezda 1/35 scale armor and miniatures for the most part. While their selection of German kits is impressive, I have yet to find a wide selection of American/Allied miniatures besides Tamiya, and I've found that their molds aren't nearly as detailed as the previous two companies mentioned.

Do y'all have any alternatives? 

Hobby Boss makes a nice 1/32 B-24J.  They go for around $200.00 + -.  But well worth the price in my opinion, as the thing is huge when built.  Can watch some reviews of the kit on YouTube if interested. 

manifestdestiny

Thanks for the recommendation. The is exactly what I'm looking for.