yet another Airborne First Aid kit -- thoughts?

bldrhouse

bldrhouse

thank you, my thought too.

can you give me any specifics that tell you that?

z

williamsmilitaryrelics

Easy, I handled myself, it's 100% legit, you can feel the "package" inside. it's all good.

dmar836

What's it going for? Who is selling it?

I have two if you need more info.

Dave

bldrhouse

Dave,  negotiating with seller right now; I'd like to keep it below $750 and have offered him $600.  

Are you saying you want to sell one of your two?  and if so, what $ are you thinking?

also, if so, please send me pix at bldrhouse@gmail.com

z

TexRdnec

i saw that somewhere last week, can't for the life of me remember where though

dmar836

No, unfortunately I'm hanging onto mine but would be glad to assist if external pics would help authenticate it. I was wondering as Williamsmilitaryrelics said he had handled this one personally. Wondering the lineage of this one.

There used to be a post or website that showed the serif font vs non-serif font in the print and what was common on most of the repros. Honestly, even owning two, I cannot tell the fakes from pics like this - I just haven't committed the slight hints to memory. Mine were both given to me by others who knew my interests and were owned before fakes came out so I am confident in them.

I do believe studying the originals to verify another is the best way - thus my standing offer. The dirt and appropriate aging can block other considerations and this one certainly looks appropriately worn and aged to me.

Dave

bldrhouse

thanks for that.  I read somewhere that the  dots on the side where the ties are attached were signifiers of authenticity.. do yours have those?

image.png.c9b2b91ff235e95ad07bab57e8c035a5.png

vintageproductions

I thought these that were real have sold for $1200.00 plus on Ebay.

TexRdnec

they have and do

i picked one up for $650 a year or two back but it was badly mislisted as a WWI gauze bandage

dmar836

I don't think the dots are always there but I "feel" this one is good. That's about as good as you can get with these.

Dave